Virginia Black, Author
Welcome to VirginiaBlackWrites!
I write contemporary romance and speculative/science fiction. All my stories feature prominent lesbian characters and in the end, the girl ALWAYS gets the girl. I’ve got rules, people, and am determined to make sure more of our stories see the light.
Looking for something to read? Here’s what’s done:
- “Season Finale” (short story)
- “Love Undaunted” (short story)
- “Constant” (short story)
- “Reclamation” (short story)
- CONSECRATED GROUND (novel, publication pending Feb 2023)
- I’ve written several fan fiction stories in multiple fandoms, and you can find them all on Fanfiction.net or AO3 (Archive Of Our Own).
Here’s what’s in the works:
- My screenplay DETACHMENT THE SERIES is currently under development as a webcomic. Check out the “DETACHMENT: A Staged Reading” panel from Clexacon 2019 in Las Vegas.
On this site, you’ll find some of my flash fiction as well as posts about everything from the craft of writing to the music that inspires the stories.
- Playlist: The Improbability Volumes
- Review: LCLC 2018 Good Times In The Desert
- The Case In Favor of SOLO
If you want to get in touch with me, give me a shout on Twitter (@virginiablk517) and be sure to tell me what you’re reading.
One alter ego is the Chief Creative Officer of Moving On Media, while another is a singer/songwriter. I live in the Pacific Northwest with my beautiful (and eternally patient) wife, and our precocious (and eternally impatient) pre-teen daughter.
I am always hoping for rain.
DISCLAIMER: This is my personal blog. The opinions I express here do not represent those of my publishers, co-creators or any clients or employers. The information provided here is on an as-is basis. I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, or validity of any information on this blog, and won’t be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in information, or any losses, injuries,or damages arising from its use.